Thursday, May 5, 2011

Prom and Japan blocks...

My son looked so handsome in the teal suit from Grandpa. I took this picture right before they went into prom. There Prom was at the Galleria Ballroom. He had a lovely time and danced the entire night.




When they came back they were exhausted. It is hard to believe that my little boy is all grown up.

On Monday night I recieved 2 completed quilt tops, a bolt of fabric, and lots and lots of mixed scraps. 2 ladies picked up kits and I recieved 50 more rail fence blocks. I also recieved 12 1/2"Japan quilt blocks from a lady at the guild. These were made very simply:


Center- 6 1/2" pinwheel


sides (2) 3 1/2"x 6 1/2"


Top and bottom - (2) 3 1/2" x 12 1/2"


I might just use this pattern for community service blocks.
Bonnie also sent me her blocks. I have enough to complete one quilt and the start of a second.

I found a place to make a block that says Japan. You can find the pattern Here http://ayumills.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-04-07T22%3A39%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=5 I hope to make one to add to the quilt blocks as well.



Well, I have spent the past 3 days sorting and repacking the scraps. These range from larger pieces to strings to even 1 1/2" squares. I packaged the strings in a large cardboard box, I just layed them flat and will iron them later. Some still are donating the stuffing for the Hospital Heart pillows in the mix of other scraps. Hopefully next month will become easier. Last month I divided scraps and it is being stored in the trunk of my car. The Mess is driving my hubby crazy.


I'm also going to plan a quilt as you go workshop to stitch through the Mountain of strings. Mabye this will help churn through the fabric. That's it for now...
Tanya

1 comment:

  1. You'd never know the suit was vintage! Looks as though it was made last week! They make a lovely young couple! I also like her dress, interesting design, very nice!!!
    Your blocks for Japan look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete