I recieved new blocks for my Japan quilt. Thanks Ladies. Carmie sent me a backing fabric too. I am very happy about the response and hope I can get a few more.
Friday before Easter, my daughter and I dyed eggs. She started the process by arranging all the cups in color order. Nestle decided to take a nap.My son recently took a trip with the band to Disney World. The band played a concert and then spent 2 days exploring. I'm so glad he had a great time. I am so thankful to have a really great kid. Here is a picture he took with Donald Duck. Funny because his name is Donald too.
Yesterday I took him, his girlfriend, and my daughter to the mall to choose a tie and shirt to wear for Prom. I don't really know if it is a real good idea to bring 3 females all with different opinions to shop for a young man. Needless to say the experience was stressful and enjoyable all at the same time. My son is going to wear a suit that was his Grandfather's. It is a dark shade of teal and his girfriend's dress was several shades of teal. His girlfriend picked out a tie that had colors of her dress and the suit. I thought it looked very nice. But it seemed that everyone had opinions about the color of the shirt. He tried on black,light teal and white. I thought he looked the best in white. Thank goodness the others did too, Whew.
There is the suit, you get a peek.I couldn't figure out how to rotate the photo. I'll need to put that on my to-do list. We did a pre-prom photo shoot and the pictures are wonderful. His girlfriend even trusted me do her hair, "Yea!" I'll post a pic when I get them from my Hubby. He did an awesome job.
With all of this craziness, I worked an extra day, Made a needlecase/sewing kit for the smalltalk group. I modeled mine after a kit I had made for my Dutch Treat block take along. I made this one a few years ago when I started the Dutch Treat quilt. This was a fun challenge. After we signed up we were partnered with someone else who was to make us a kit as well. The challenge started when Kathy had posted several of her needlecases on her blogg and got our juices flowing.
In our swap we were to use Civil War prints and wool. I tried to make the one for the swap a little more primitive and not include the clear plastic pocket or a zipper. I added a scissor pocket and a needlerest.
In the middle of all of these activities I was trying to finish my Civil War Niblets that are due this month. I think they are sweet and I am looking forward to getting these back. I had seen a quilt at an Antique store with tiny 9ptches set with a red Civil war print. I hope to use mine in the same way.
So now I need to get these in the mail and mabye do some laundry too.