Friday, February 25, 2011

The Dinner Table



Tonight my daughter invited me to attend the Dinner Table Opening at the U of H Clear Lake. She had 2 friends who are graduate students and who helped get the exhibit to the University. I didn't know what to expect in a Feminist Art Exhibit. Well I have to say it was very interesting and was pleased that my daughter invited me to attend.

The exhibit hosted the original concept drawings of the plates and several test plates. Each plate was a concept of the power of the woman it represented.

The University was the first place the original art exhibit was hosted at over 30 years ago. They stated that several local Art museums would not host that type of artwork. It was very interesting that this little University opened doors to this type of Art.
Check out it's permenant exhibit here:

No comments:

Post a Comment