Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate and cherries swap...


I am participating in several swaps. One, I just mailed 11 (12 1/2") block swap. This swap was part of the Historical block swap yahoo group. We challenged ourselves to use CW pinks andBrowns in a 12" block. I made 2 different blocks one was a block I have been wanting to make for a while is the Lone Star Basket. I had seen several patterns but I had to redraft it to a 12" block. The other block was a lilly of the valley block. That block was originally a 16" block with hand pieced inset seams. I decided to reduce the original size and paperpiece the tulip flowers. I then Appliqued them in place after stitching down the stems. I mailed them Saturday and I cannot wait to see the others decided to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment