Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quilts for Japan..a start

Inspired by the beautiful quilts at the New York museum I decided to make a quilt or 2 for Japan. I'm the new Community Service person though our local Guild and I think this is a great cause. The Japanese Magazine said they are accepting any colored quilt from child size to adult . I think the theme of Red and White is simple and are the colors of the Japan flag. Almost everyone has a red and white fabric in their stash and making it scrappy red will tie the blocks together. Here are the first 2 blocks.

If you are interested in making a red and white 12 1/2" unfinished block to and mailing it to me to add to my quilt. Please leave me your e-mail in your post. I will only be accepting blocks untill July 31 ,2011. I will be more than happy to e-mail you my Address.


Tanya


6 comments:

  1. Great blog...I will have to start following....I would like to get in to the niblet exchange. I thank you for any and all information.
    I sew as you do...one project to another. Each one seems to generate more ideas...more little teeny cutoffs that are too lovely to throw away!
    Subee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to make a few blocks for a great cause. I will send a couple blocks, so please send me your mailing address!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would like to make some red/white blocks for your quilt(s). I have lots of leftovers from some red/whites I made. My email is Liriopia@gmail.com. I have become a follower.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Liri here. I left a comment the other day and wish to join you in the Japanese quilt you are making. I came back to visit today and the comment is not visible so maybe it didn't take. I have two blocks ready for you. My email is Liriopia@gmail.com. All I need is your address.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies, I'll post a photo here of the blocks that come in.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to have your address to send a block or two. Thank you.
    Tina
    ttr3@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete