Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery a new Adventure

I finally decided to participate in the Mystery Quilt Bonnie Hunter was offering this year. Celtic Solstice. Here is my progress so far.

The original colors for the Mystery are yellow, blue, green and orange with a cream background. I decided to change the blue to dark green and the orange to orange/pink. I had tons of Shamrock fabric I was saving for a special project and this seemed to be a good one. I am only making the twin size but if I like the look I have enough fabric to make it king size.
This is my color palet.

I added a few oranges to this after the original pull of fabrics.

I added sand paper punches to the wrong side of my template. I peeled off the paper to reveal the sticky side of the paper and then punched. I also like to place the dots on top of the numbers, it helps to see them better.

1 comment:

  1. Tanya you have some thing to write about on your blog now. Hope you have better pictures of your quilt than I do.